YOUNG JUDGES COMPETITION SHEEP & WOOL
Steward: Peter Thomas Ph: 46 583 800 0456 801 205
Nominations to Peter Thomas by 9am Saturday 20th May, 2017
who will advise starting time for both Sheep & Wool Competitions.
Both Competitions will be held in the Sheep & Wool Pavilion at the Show Grounds
- All Classes are open to persons not over 25 years of age on first day of Show, including Young Farmers, Sons and Students attending Agricultural Colleges.
- There must be a minimum of six competitors in a class or the Judging of that class will not be proceeded with. In the event of fewer than ten competitors. Only the first and second prizes will be awarded. Prizes in this case will be $10.00 first and $5.00 second.
- Winners of Judging competitions at any previous Show will not be eligible in a similar breed class at this Show, nor shall winners at this Show be eligible for similar breed classes at future Shows.
- For each class no less than three animals of a prescribed breed shall be chosen each year.
- Each competitor will be provided with a card on which he/she will place the animals in their order of merit and give reasons for doing so. Upon completing the card, it will be handed to the Steward of the section for presentation to the Judge who may, if he desires, question the Competitor on any points in his judgment, or any feature in connection with the sheep being judged.
- The judge, in making his awards, shall take into consideration the correctness of placing of the animals and the reasons given.
- No entry fee is required, but entry is subject to approval of the Show Committee.
Competition will take place in the wool court.
The Society will arrange for a competent person to demonstrate the points of the breed and explain their purpose in the general scheme of animal husbandry immediately after the cards are handed in.
Class 1 …………….Sheep
Prizes: FIRST $50.00 and certificate
The WINNER of this competition is eligible to compete in the State Final.
Section 10 - JUNIOR JUDGING COMPETITION SHEEP & WOOL.pdf
Size : 217.134 Kb
Type : pdf